Saturday, June 11, 2011

Failed Blog Post

I've been struggling all week with an idea for a blog post.  The idea's a good one and relevant to understanding current . . . struggles.  Really, I swear, it could be a good post.

However, there are bounds within which I must stay.  When I sat down a couple of days ago to start outlining my thoughts, I had a small thought in the back of my head.  "Should I post this?  Could I get in trouble for writing this?"

Those are important thoughts to have when you want to take part in the public world.  As my wife tells me (in fairly similar words to what my mom said), "Be careful what you say."

Freedom of Speech has its limits.  And being careless about what you say can do more than be embarrassing.

In light of my desire to post something, I'm posting this link to L.E. Modisett's website.  His blog has nothing whatsoever to do with my thoughts, but I like his post and the intelligent debate in the comments to his post.  And I'm a fan of his books.

Additionally, I added a story section to this blog.  I haven't added anything yet, but give me some time to organize my thoughts, stories and whatever else might fit into that area.

Wife and I in San Francisco in June 2010.  Just felt like putting up a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment